Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Safe @ Home October 18th, 2011

Just a short entry to finish off this ride. This was truly an adventure to remember -- almost 600 miles on the motorcycles, most of it challenging and exciting; dangerous curves, crazy roads, steep dropoffs, and using the training that paid off, and kept us on the road. There were a few bikes that went down in the curves, and the riders are OK.

Today's ride was routine, especially by comparison. We came down from Travelers Rest to I-385 in Greenville, merging onto I-26 to Columbia, where we picked up I-20 to Florence. Our timing was as good as it gets, missing the rush hour in Greenville, then arriving at Columbia before lunch. Traffic was light, and we rolled on, straight through to Florence.

Riding brings risk, that's a given. But training, practice and determination mitigate that risk, and make the ride worthwhile. I'm grateful to the instructors that gave us not only the basics but their experiences and insights. I'm grateful to Linda for being a part of this with me. I can't imagine not seeing her in the rear-view. And I'm looking forward to our next adventure.

Next week, we'll be participating in the "Fight Like a Girl" charity poker run for Breast Cancer Awareness. A good cause, a lot of fun and comradery, and another opportunity to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment